Commence Operation Bootstrap!

It's relatively late on in my career that I've started to focus on bootstrapping. To which end I now have a rather sprawling mindmap. Here's a random sample of aims:

  • Gain Prince2 Foundation qualification, even thought Prince2 itself is flawed
  • Upgrade old desktop PC, just for the sake of it
  • Learn the very basics of Ruby using Hackety Hack (though my install doesn't seem stable)
  • Database skills: upgrade Access skills, then hop up to the next level
  • Turn some of my random story treatments and scribblings into an interactive fiction.
I may spend the rest of my years doing admin and project management, but that's fine - the above things all plug in to that and anything achieved adds value to that role. But we'll see and I'll remain positive. The bugger of it is that I'm also a new father (and delighted to be). So I may need to add "bend the laws of time and space" to the list!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment

Damn me with faint praise. Go on.